Monday, April 16, 2007

Susan LaBrush and Skye's Kahlil

Name: Susan LaBrush
Weight Div. MW
Home: Fayetteville, PA

This is my first time to the Biltmore, which is about an eight hour haul. It is only my third 100. I competed in two last year, but only finished one. My good friend Lisa Delp talked me into doing 100's. We did our first one together and plan on doing all the rest together. Our horses are crazy about each other and make a great team.

As a child I showed horses and foxhunted. I broke yearlings and galloped race horses for fifteen years. I started endurance in 2002 and have 2000 miles.

Horse's name: Skye's Kahlil
Age: 12 years
Height: 15.2
Sex: gelding.
Color: Flea Bitten gray
Breed: Arab
Miles 910

Bloodline: by Csardas Jemil out of IL Habiba.

I purchased sky in 2004. Sky and his previous owner didn't get on well, actually he bolted when spooking from a loose horse and fell and his owner had to be hilovacted from the ride. Nobody wanted him and I wasn't even sure I wanted him because he kept throwing me off. I ended up buying him and after many battles we are a team. Sky is really a good horse and takes good care of himself.

I ride him in a hackamore with a breastcollar and tie down. He wears rear ankle boots and steel shoes with clips.

I use a royal blue Zilco tack, a Synergist saddle, Skito pad and string girth.

When we do the Biltmore it will be for a completion.

He eats a ten-ten sweet feed, beet pulp, carrots, apples and peppermints.

I use Acculytes and I dose the night before, morning of the ride and at the holds.

No comments: